Ferrara Store was founded in March 2013 by the idea of its owner Umberto Paltrinieri, owner also of the renowned and historic Paltrinieri butchers of Ferrara, born in 1951, to offer to the tourists who come to visit the city and to the inhabitants of Ferrara, the opportunity to make their purchases in a store that aims to offer the higher quality of local products. Umberto Paltrinieri has indeed travelled across the province of Ferrara looking for the best local products, ie those created using the best raw materials and following the more traditional recipes. Ferrara Store offers you a wide range of typical products of Ferrara, many of them belonging to seventeen pearls of Ferrara, seventeen typical products of Ferrara that are the pride of the city's cuisine.
In our store you will find the following typical products of Ferrara:
- The pampapato, the typical dessert of Ferrara, which stands as the best example of a product of the art of pastry;
- The wine of the Eliceo forest, which comes from the vineyards located on the delta of the Po;
- The garlic of Voghiera, a delicate garlic which is used in the cuisine of Ferrara and to flavor other typical products of Ferrara, such as cold cuts and sausages;
- The Coppia ferrarese: typical product of Ferrara for centuries, that is in fact the typical bread of the city of Ferrara;
- The pumpkin cappellacci, the typical main course of Ferrara consisting of a tortellone of pasta filled with sweet pumpkin;
- The Salama da Sugo, one of the most renowned typical products of Ferrara, is a sausage that must be patiently cooked in water and then tasted at the table with mashed potatoes.
One of the objectives of Ferrara Store is also to promote the typical products of the territory of Ferrara, sought among the best producers in the area with an excellent quality / price ratio. In addition to the typical products of Ferrara, in our shop you'll also find food produced in the territory of Ferrara as beer, eggs or flour.
Store Ferrara Ferrara wants to propose the typical products and the products of the territory of Ferrara both to encourage their use by the city's population as to promote them to the other Italians and foreign tourists. We're sure you that, coming home from your vacation or your weekend trip, bringing one of our typical products as a gift to your loved ones, you will bring a present of a high quality and unparalleled goodness.
Ferrara Store also wants to be a staple for tourists, and inside the store you can find a helpful staff prepared to point you to the most striking attractions in Ferrara.
The city of Ferrara offers indeed many attractions both of historical and artistic relevance, and among the many things to visit in Ferrara, you cannot miss to see:
- The Estense Castle, the charming home of the Este court, military and political symbol of the city, located in an idyllic position close to the walls of Ferrara, is the first place to visit in Ferrara;
- The Diamonds Palace, a palace decorated with 1500 pyramid blocks of marble. A building that is now a symbol of the city and you cannot miss to visit in Ferrara;
- The Este walls, the walls of the city started at the behest of Ercole I d'Este and ended centuries later, showing, in various sections, the different building styles and various outposts placed at regular intervals along their length. A nine-kilometer route on foot or by bicycle, and that it should be mandatory for those who want to visit Ferrara combining the love for the history to that of nature.
For locals and tourists, Ferrara Store also offers the possibility of renting a bike; the bike is in fact the most comfortable way to visit Ferrara, as the city is full of bike paths and no cars are allowed in the historic center. Our staff will also provide you with detailed instructions on how to visit Ferrara by bicycle, and give you directions on how to do your sightseeing depending on what you want to see in Ferrara: in addition to tourist routes through the historic center we can also show you itineraries for natural or food and wine tours that run along the city and in the province of Ferrara.
We invite you to visit us in Ferrara Store: you will find a welcoming environment in which you can choose with care between the various typical foods of Ferrara and where you can find the salama da sugo, the pumpkin cappellacci, the garlic of Voghiera, the pampapato, the wine of the Eliceo forest, the coppia ferrarese and the pumpkin flatbread. If you could not come and visit us in person, you can buy our products in our online shop by clicking here.